Oil spill closes A14 westbound at Levington
- Credit: Archant
The A14 has been closed westbound at Levington after a broken down car caused an oil spill which covered the road.
The incident initially happened at around 11am and the police are now in attendance to assist with the road closure.
The carriageway is shut between junction 58 at Levington and junction 59 at Trimley St Martin.
A car has pulled over in a lay-by on the side of the road after driving along the road for a quarter of a mile with leaking oil.
Despite being parked, it is still leaking oil into the road.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England officials are now in attendance and are advising drivers to exit the A14 at J59 and take the first exit to Trimley, continue to the roundabout and take the second exit onto High Road.
Continue along High Road to Link Road and turn left for Livington. At the Junction with Felixstowe Road turn left and continue along the A1156 to re-join the A14 at J58.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 9 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot