A14/Copdock/Wherstead: Lorry driver suspected of crashing in to car and fleeing the scene wanted by police
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver suspected of crashing in to the back of a car and fleeing the scene is wanted by police.
A black Fiat Punto was hit from behind by another vehicle, believed to be a lorry, on the eastbound carriageway of the A14 between Copdock and Wherstead at around 5.15pm yesterday.
The car collided with the central reservation, spun round and ended up in lane one, a spokesman for Suffolk police said.
The spokesman added: “It is believed that the vehicle that hit the Fiat and failed to stop was a lorry.”
It is understood the driver of the car did not suffer any injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for help in their bid to trace the lorry driver.
Motorists travelling along the A14 who witnessed the collision, and the lorry driver in question, are urged to come forward.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 5 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 6 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 9 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
Call police on 101.