A14 crash victim believed to be Felixstowe teenager
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl who was believed to be from Felixstowe has died after her car collided with a parked lorry in a lay-by on the A14.
Police officers were called to the eastbound carriageway at Bucklesham at 11.35pm on Wednesday, to reports of a crash between a silver Ford Ka and a lorry between junction 58 at Seven Hills and junction 59 at Kirton.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene, despite the best efforts of ambulance, police and fire crews.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said formal identification of the body would take place in due course.
The eastbound carriageway was closed during the early hours of yesterday morning while a collision investigation got under way, with police leaving the scene at 4.45am.
The Highways Agency reopened the road shortly afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency paramedics from the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service also attended.
The constabulary spokesman added: “Police would like to hear from anyone who saw the silver Ford Ka in the area either prior to, or at the time of the collision.”
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
Any witnesses are asked to contact the serious collision investigation team on 101 quoting CAD 510 of May 13.