A14 reopens near Orwell Bridge after broken down Ford Fiesta but rush hour delays around Ipswich
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The A14 has reopened fully after a car broke down just beyond the Orwell Bridge eastbound earlier this afternoon, but there are reports of delays in and around Ipswich at the start of the evening rush hour.
A Ford Fiesta broke down “opposite the Shell garage” on the A14 eastbound at around 2.10pm, police said.
There was a complete closure for around 30 minutes before the outside lane reopened at around 2.40pm.
Recovery services were called and the car had been taken away from the carriageway at 3.45pm, Suffolk Constabulary said.
There were also reports of debris on the road following the break down.
You may also want to watch:
However, there are reports of delays across the A14 following the incident still, particularly around the Copdock area.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood