Mystery large animal wandering on A14 disappears without trace
- Credit: Archant
Drivers were warned earlier today that a large animal had been spotted on the A14 heading westbound.
Suffolk police received the call shortly before 7pm after reports of what was believed to be a large animal on the loose on the A14.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: "We received a call that a large animal was seen somewhere on the A14 westbound."
However, the police have been on the scene and have said that there is no evidence of the animal being there anymore.
They are also still unclear on what type of animal it was and are now saying the road is safe to drive on.
You may also want to watch:
Three other incidents have occurred on the A14 this evening with drivers reporting "chaos" on the Orwell Bridge.
- 1 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 2 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 3 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 4 Car rental business set to bring jobs boost
- 5 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 6 Return of live music to continue with one-day Ipswich festival
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: Drug courier and teenage burglar put behind bars
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water