A14 open again following crash
POLICE have reopened the A14 following a serious crash today.The Newmarket bound carriageway was completely closed and one lane of the Bury St Edmunds bound carriageway was closed after a crash involving two cars near Higham at 1.05pm today.
POLICE have reopened the A14 following a serious crash today.
The Newmarket bound carriageway was completely closed and one lane of the Bury St Edmunds bound carriageway was closed after a crash involving two cars near Higham at 1.05pm today.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the carriageways were reopened at around 4.15pm.
Police, the air ambulance, two ambulances, and fire crews were all called to the scene following a collision between a Mazda and a Nissan.
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance service said one man involved in the crash had chest pains and a knee injury and another man had knee, arm and chest injuries.
He said the patients were taken to the West Suffolk Hospital.
- 1 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 2 A14 outside Ipswich closes after fire breaks out near road
- 3 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 4 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 5 Ipswich machete attack was 'gang related', court hears
- 6 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next weekend
- 7 'I'm so proud' - Jimmy's Farm scoops three prestigious awards
- 8 Investigation ongoing after huge blaze rips through land near Ipswich
- 9 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 10 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
During the road closures police advised drivers to avoid the area
The accident comes less than 24 hours after hundreds of commuters faced gridlock on roads around Ipswich following an accident on the Orwell Bridge.