A14 open again following crash
POLICE have reopened the A14 following a serious crash today.The Newmarket bound carriageway was completely closed and one lane of the Bury St Edmunds bound carriageway was closed after a crash involving two cars near Higham at 1.05pm today.
POLICE have reopened the A14 following a serious crash today.
The Newmarket bound carriageway was completely closed and one lane of the Bury St Edmunds bound carriageway was closed after a crash involving two cars near Higham at 1.05pm today.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the carriageways were reopened at around 4.15pm.
Police, the air ambulance, two ambulances, and fire crews were all called to the scene following a collision between a Mazda and a Nissan.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance service said one man involved in the crash had chest pains and a knee injury and another man had knee, arm and chest injuries.
He said the patients were taken to the West Suffolk Hospital.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 6 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
During the road closures police advised drivers to avoid the area
The accident comes less than 24 hours after hundreds of commuters faced gridlock on roads around Ipswich following an accident on the Orwell Bridge.