A14 reopened after crash
TRAFFIC is moving again on the A14 eastbound carriageway after a vehicle involved in an accident was recovered.Motorists were left facing delays after a red Seat Alhambra rolled several times and caught fire near Junction 57 at Nacton.
TRAFFIC is moving again on the A14 eastbound carriageway after a vehicle involved in an accident was recovered.
Motorists were left facing delays after a red Seat Alhambra rolled several times and caught fire near Junction 57 at Nacton.
The accident happened at around 4.20pm and a single lane of the carriageway was closed to traffic.
Tailbacks extended several miles back to Sproughton.
A police spokesman said the vehicle was recovered at 5.41pm and the road was reopened immediately.
Nobody was seriously injured in the accident.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 4 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 5 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 6 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 7 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 8 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze