A14 between Nacton and Seven Hills reopens after day of chaos on roads
- Credit: Archant
Highways England has confirmed the A14 between Nacton and Seven Hills is now fully open to traffic after a day of chaos on the roads.
The eastbound carriageway has been shut for most of the day after a lorry overturned, blocking both lanes, at around 12.35pm today, Wednesday, December 5.
The closure has caused massive tailbacks on the A14 eastbound and heavy traffic in Ipswich throughout the day.
A spokesman for Highways England has now confirmed the lorry is clear from the road and that the eastbound carriageway has reopened.
The Tweet reads: “Recovery is now complete.
You may also want to watch:
“The #A14 is now fully OPEN eastbound between J57 and J58.
“We’d like to thank you for your patience today if you were held up in congestion as a result of this incident and appreciate the disruption it has caused.”
- 1 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 2 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 3 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 4 Father and daughter racially abused by dog walker
- 5 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents
- 6 Plans for 190 homes on edge of Ipswich 'poorly conceived' say councillors
- 7 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 8 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 9 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 10 What is the strange hum being heard in Ipswich?