A14 smash causes traffic chaos
MOTORISTS are facing massive tailbacks today after a crash on the A14 left one person needing hospital treatment.
THOUSANDS of rush hour motorists will be late home again tonight after gridlock hit the notorious A14 once again.
There were massive tailbacks stretching from Copdok to Nacton on the Felixstowe-bound carriageway of the road, as well as heavy congestion for drivers trying to leave Ipswich at the end of the day.
The problems were caused by a crash which left one person needing hospital treatment at about 5pm.
Police had been called to the Felixstowe-bound carriageway of the A14 near Nacton following the collision a silver Peugeot and a lorry which initially left the whole carriageway blocked.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the lorry was treated for minor injures on the scene and one person was taken to Ipswich Hospital.
One lane of the A14 was re-open by about 5.30pm and the other was re-opened at about 7.10pm, but motorists are still facing severe delays as they wait for the jams to start moving.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast