A14 tailbacks after four-vehicle smash
TWO lorries and a pair of cars collided in a lunchtime crash on the A14 near Bury St Edmunds.Suffolk police is currently at the scene of the incident at the Bury Central exit near the sugar beet factory.
TWO lorries and a pair of cars collided in a lunchtime crash on the A14 near Bury St Edmunds.
Suffolk police is currently at the scene of the incident on the eastbound carriageway at the Bury Central exit near the town's British Sugar factory.
A spokeswoman for the police said a blue Skoda had gone underneath the back of the lorry and the two occupants were currently trapped, though they are not thought to be injured.
It is understood the car has now been removed from beneath the lorry.
You may also want to watch:
The other car involved was a blue Fiat.
The accident happened at 1.25pm.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
The spokeswoman added there were tailbacks in the area stretching back to the Westley Interchange. The road is now clear.