Cyclist airflifted to hospital with ‘serious injuries’ after A14 Trimley roundabout crash
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has been airlifted to hospital with “serious injuries” after being involved in a collision with a lorry - meaning the A14 Trimley roundabout junction will be closed for several hours.
Emergency services were called to the crash in Kirton Road, at the roundabout with the junction of the A14 eastbound off-slip, in Trimley St Martin, at 10.45am on Thursday.
Suffolk police said the cyclist has been flown to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, by air ambulance with serious injuries.
Junction 59 of the A14 is currently completely closed, with no access to the slip roads either eastbound or westbound.
This is expected to remain in place until late afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic was earlier seen queuing on the Trimley flyover
Any witnesses to the collision – including anyone who may have dashcam footage – is asked to contact the Roads and Armed Policing Team at Martlesham police headquarters on 101, quoting CAD 98 of November 26.
- 1 Tributes paid to Ipswich's 'best-loved shopkeeper' Hajara 'Sid' Singh
- 2 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 3 New Aldi store takes shape near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: See the faces of the criminals locked up this week
- 5 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 6 Suffolk and Essex on standby for snow
- 7 Firefighters issue warning after wood burner fire almost spreads across house
- 8 More than 1,700 Covid patients now discharged from hospitals
- 9 Ipswich Town supporters group post mock front page outside Portman Road, calling for Lambert to go
- 10 Martlesham man caught with indecent images for second time