Lorry windscreen smashed by object thrown from A14 bridge near Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after an object was thrown from a bridge and broke the windscreen of a lorry travelling along the A14 near Ipswich.
The incident happened at junction 56 of the A14 for Wherstead, near the Orwell Bridge, at about 11.46am on Tuesday, March 31.
Police were called by the driver of a lorry from the slip road just beyond the Wherstead bridge on the eastbound carriageway.
The driver reported an object, possibly a brick, had been thrown from the bridge by a white male wearing a black hooded top.
Police said the suspect ran away from the scene before officers arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The window of the lorry was damaged by the object but no one was reported to have been hurt.
Police would like to hear from anyone with information which may help locate the person responsible.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 5 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 6 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 7 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 8 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 9 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
- 10 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
If you can assist, call 101 quoting reference number 37/18953/20.