Lane re-opens on A14 after crash near Copdock
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is now flowing on the A14 after a crash between two vans caused long delays over the Orwell Bridge.
Police were called to reports of a collision on the westbound carriageway between junction 55 at Copdock and junction 56 at Wherstead shortly before 5pm today.
Officers arrived to find two vans had collided, blocking the outside lane.
The lane is now back open, with both vehicles recovered from the scene.
The ambulance service was also called but it is not believed that anyone was seriously injured in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
The lane closure caused traffic chaos along the A14 during rush hour.
Cars were queued back for miles with the traffic causing delays over the Orwell Bridge back to junction 58 at Seven Hills.
- 1 'I'm not a victim no more': Kieron Dyer opens up about childhood abuse
- 2 Boy, 15, appears in court after teenager stabbed in Ipswich
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 Three vehicle crash causing delays near Ipswich
- 5 Former prison inmate opens up about time at Hollesley Bay
- 6 Two arrested after man assaulted in Ipswich
- 7 Did you ever visit Ipswich's Emperor Inn pub?
- 8 Can you spot yourself in our Copdock Motorcycle Show gallery?
- 9 Woman, 34, to stand trial for robbery next year
- 10 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
Two fire crews were called to the scene, one from Ipswich East and one from Princes Street, after it was thought that one of the vehicles was on fire.
However, they had both left the scene by 5.25pm.