A140 re-opened after serious crash
A MAN has been airlifted to hospital this afternoon with serious injuries following a crash on the A140.
A MAN was airlifted to hospital this afternoon with serious head injuries following a crash on the A140.
The collision, between a Mercedes flat lorry and a silver Rover 418, happened on the southbound carriageway of the road on the Norfolk/Suffolk border at Scole, close to Diss, at around 1.50pm.
Police closed the road in both directions and set up diversions but the road re-opened at 5.55pm.
The man, who was driving the Rover, was taken by air ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious head injuries although these are not thought to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police are appealing for any witnesses to the crash to call them on 01473 613500.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 5 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea