A140 re-opened after two car crash
A CAR crash on the A140 has left traffic at a standstill in both directions this morning.
A CAR crash on the A140 left traffic at a standstill in both directions this morning.
The accident happened at about 8.30am on the A140 near Thwaite.
Police officers, firefighters, paramedics and the East of England air ambulance attended the scene of the two car collision involving a red Vauxhall Corsa and a black Ford.
The driver of the Vauxhall, a 20-year-old man, was trapped in his vehicle and firefighters from Eye, Debenham and Stowmarket worked to release him by 9.30am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance service said the 20-year-old was conscious and breathing and had suffered multiple leg injuries.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital by air ambulance for further treatment.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 10 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
Paramedics also treated a person with minor injuries.
The northbound carriageway of the road, which was closed, was re-opened at 11.30am and traffic is now flowing again.