A140 traffic chaos
RUSH hour traffic was thrown into chaos today after a lorry overturned on one of Suffolk's busiest commuter routes.Ambulance crews were called to the B1118 at Brome, on the Norfolk/Suffolk border at 7.
RUSH hour traffic was thrown into chaos today after a lorry overturned on one of Suffolk's busiest commuter routes.
Ambulance crews were called to the B1118 at Brome, on the Norfolk/Suffolk border at 7.12 this morning.
The articulated box lorry overturned near a roundabout close to the A140 at Diss ahead of the morning rush hour.
Police closed off the road and diversions were put in place but it was not expected to be re-opened until 1pm today at the earliest.
Both Norfolk and Suffolk police were called to the accident, which led to long delays.
Suffolk County Council workers were also called on to bring traffic cones and organise the diversions.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 Tributes paid to Ipswich man who could 'make magic happen'
- 3 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 4 Investigations ongoing into 'inter-gang disputes' in town
- 5 Two teenagers charged after man injured in machete attack
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Search for missing man who planned 70-mile walk home still ongoing
- 8 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 9 Meeting to discuss traffic calming measures after community concerns
- 10 New details of plans to convert Ipswich church into music venue revealed
A spokeswoman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said crews treated one person at the scene for minor injuries.