A140 traffic chaos
RUSH hour traffic was thrown into chaos today after a lorry overturned on one of Suffolk's busiest commuter routes.Ambulance crews were called to the B1118 at Brome, on the Norfolk/Suffolk border at 7.
RUSH hour traffic was thrown into chaos today after a lorry overturned on one of Suffolk's busiest commuter routes.
Ambulance crews were called to the B1118 at Brome, on the Norfolk/Suffolk border at 7.12 this morning.
The articulated box lorry overturned near a roundabout close to the A140 at Diss ahead of the morning rush hour.
Police closed off the road and diversions were put in place but it was not expected to be re-opened until 1pm today at the earliest.
You may also want to watch:
Both Norfolk and Suffolk police were called to the accident, which led to long delays.
Suffolk County Council workers were also called on to bring traffic cones and organise the diversions.
- 1 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 2 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 9 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 10 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
A spokeswoman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said crews treated one person at the scene for minor injuries.