Accident and port closure at Felixstowe
A car crash involving a pregnant woman and poor weather are causing traffic problems around Felixstowe.
A PREGNANT woman was taken to hospital today after being involved in an accident near Felixstowe.
The 34-year-old woman was involved in a three car prang on the A14 near Trimley St Mary at about 8.30am.
Paramedics and police officers attended the scene and cars were moved to the hard shoulder after the accident in an effort to avoid traffic chaos during the morning rush hour.
However traffic was still disrupted as emergency services dealt with the aftermath of the accident.
The woman was taken by ambulance to Ipswich Hospital but it is not yet known how serious her injuries are.
Meanwhile lorries have been stacking up at the Port of Felixstowe after the docks were closed because of the foggy conditions.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 10 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
The lorries' cargo can not be loaded onto ships so the port has become a lorry park for the day, until the fog clears.
And as a result lorries are also being forced to park on streets surrounding the port, causing more problems for traffic in the town.