Accident horror - man charged
TWO people have been killed in a horrific head-on crash in Suffolk, bringing the death toll on the county's roads this year to 23.Police said last night the driver of an Italian-registered car had been arrested on suspicion of careless driving after the latest crash, which also left a third person seriously injured.
AN ITALIAN national has been charged in connection with the deaths of two people in a car accident in Newmarket.
Police last night charged Marco Botti, the driver of an Italian registered Audi car with careless and inconsiderate driving after the crash at 12.30pm on Tuesday.
A man and a woman, believed to be related, were travelling in a Peugeot 205 when they died in the crash. A third person, a back seat passenger, was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries.
Mr Botti, 25, will appear before St Edmundsbury magistrates on August 6. He was treated at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds for slight injuries before being arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services went to the accident in Snailwell Road, Newmarket at 12.30pm but could do nothing to save the victims.
The tragedy brought the number of people killed on Suffolk's roads to 23 this year.
- 1 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 4 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 7 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 8 Celebrations as Starbucks opens its new Ipswich drive-thru
- 9 Woman injured after being struck by van near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 10 Man released on bail after central Ipswich stabbing