Accident horror - man charged
TWO people have been killed in a horrific head-on crash in Suffolk, bringing the death toll on the county's roads this year to 23.Police said last night the driver of an Italian-registered car had been arrested on suspicion of careless driving after the latest crash, which also left a third person seriously injured.
AN ITALIAN national has been charged in connection with the deaths of two people in a car accident in Newmarket.
Police last night charged Marco Botti, the driver of an Italian registered Audi car with careless and inconsiderate driving after the crash at 12.30pm on Tuesday.
A man and a woman, believed to be related, were travelling in a Peugeot 205 when they died in the crash. A third person, a back seat passenger, was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries.
Mr Botti, 25, will appear before St Edmundsbury magistrates on August 6. He was treated at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds for slight injuries before being arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services went to the accident in Snailwell Road, Newmarket at 12.30pm but could do nothing to save the victims.
The tragedy brought the number of people killed on Suffolk's roads to 23 this year.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 7 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 8 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend
- 9 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
- 10 Ipswich Witches announce fan capacity for opening night, as former Witch makes shock return