Accosting in Sidegate Lane West, Ipswich, did not take place, police confirm
- Credit: Google
A report that a 13-year-old boy was accosted in Ipswich did not take place, police have confirmed.
The teenager was walking a puppy was near to the allotments in Sidegate Lane West at around 5.15pm on Wednesday when a man and a woman approached in a car.
The two adults concerned came forward to police and officers are content that there was no sinister intent meant by their approach to the child.
A statement from Suffolk police said: “The situation was a genuine misunderstanding.
“The couple recognise the police have a duty to carry out investigations relating to such incidents reported to them.
You may also want to watch:
“The child’s parents have also been informed of this development.”
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 4 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing