Accosting in Sidegate Lane West, Ipswich, did not take place, police confirm
- Credit: Google
A report that a 13-year-old boy was accosted in Ipswich did not take place, police have confirmed.
The teenager was walking a puppy was near to the allotments in Sidegate Lane West at around 5.15pm on Wednesday when a man and a woman approached in a car.
The two adults concerned came forward to police and officers are content that there was no sinister intent meant by their approach to the child.
A statement from Suffolk police said: “The situation was a genuine misunderstanding.
“The couple recognise the police have a duty to carry out investigations relating to such incidents reported to them.
You may also want to watch:
“The child’s parents have also been informed of this development.”
- 1 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
- 2 Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- 3 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 60 sausage dogs enjoy picnic in Ipswich's Christchurch Park
- 7 Did you go to Ipswich's Festival of Wheels? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 8 Revealed: Suffolk's most viewed homes for sale in July
- 9 Driver puts out car fire in A12 blaze
- 10 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing