Accosting: Man sought by police
POLICE in Ipswich are appealing for information following an accosting of a woman driver in the town.At around 9.25pm yesterday a 35-year-old woman was driving her blue Metro car along Schreiber Road and as she approached the Spar shop she stopped her vehicle in the road so she could reverse into a parking space.
POLICE in Ipswich are appealing for information following an accosting of a woman driver in the town.
At around 9.25pm yesterday a 35-year-old woman was driving her blue Metro car along Schreiber Road and as she approached the Spar shop she stopped her vehicle in the road so she could reverse into a parking space.
Before she could make the reverse turn her driver's side door was opened and a man pulled at her arm, no words were spoken. While shouting out the female managed to elbow the offender in the leg, close the door and drive off.
The offender is described as a white male, 25-30 years old, he wore a dark baseball cap, a stud in his left earlobe and a dark jacket zipped up to the neck. He wore white trainers and smelt strongly of cigarettes.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time who may have heard the driver shout out and particularly from anyone who was in the Spar shop which was still open.
Calls should be made to Dc Liz Winzer at Ipswich CID on 01473 383193 or Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 3 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 8 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 9 Walking back to happiness - 18 great trails to follow and a festival
- 10 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit