Accused drug dealers in court
SUSPECTED drug dealers will today appear in court following raids this week which lead to 28 arrests.Magistrates will see 16 men and three women arrested during on drug trafficking offences for class A drugs.
SUSPECTED drug dealers will today appear in court following raids this week which lead to 28 arrests.
Magistrates will see 16 men and three women arrested during on drug trafficking offences for class A drugs.
Teams of officers executed warrants at eight addresses in Ipswich and one in Witnesham in the early hours of yesterday morning, arresting seven men and two women.
Yesterday's crackdown followed a larger series of raids, which were carried out in and around Ipswich on Wednesday morning and saw 15 men and four women detained.
You may also want to watch:
The remaining 9 people who were arrested on the April 14 and 15 during Operation Taurus have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
The dawn raids are all part of Operation Taurus, a Suffolk police initiative aimed at stamping out hard drugs in the county.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 3 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 4 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Suffolk man buys rare Mini built to mark Queen's Silver Jubilee for £10k