Accused drug dealers in court
SUSPECTED drug dealers will today appear in court following raids this week which lead to 28 arrests.Magistrates will see 16 men and three women arrested during on drug trafficking offences for class A drugs.
SUSPECTED drug dealers will today appear in court following raids this week which lead to 28 arrests.
Magistrates will see 16 men and three women arrested during on drug trafficking offences for class A drugs.
Teams of officers executed warrants at eight addresses in Ipswich and one in Witnesham in the early hours of yesterday morning, arresting seven men and two women.
Yesterday's crackdown followed a larger series of raids, which were carried out in and around Ipswich on Wednesday morning and saw 15 men and four women detained.
The remaining 9 people who were arrested on the April 14 and 15 during Operation Taurus have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
The dawn raids are all part of Operation Taurus, a Suffolk police initiative aimed at stamping out hard drugs in the county.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 7 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 8 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 9 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
- 10 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business