ActivIpswich Community games return to Ipswich
The ActivLives Community Games return to Ipswich this Friday, to help get over 50s into sport and regular activity in a social environment.
Gainsborough Sports Centre will host the event, which will includes sports such as kurling, boccia, target badminton and short tennis.
There will be taster sessions and competitive games for people to take part in, with the aim to provide a social, relaxed space in which over 50s can play sports, keep active and make new friends.
Medals from the event will be presented by GB Paralympic boccia player Evie Edwards.
Mike McCarthy from ActivIpswich said: “The Community Games is an event for those people who thought that their sporting days were over. The games are for anyone over the age of fifty, who would like to participate in accessible sport in a relaxed atmosphere.”
You may also want to watch:
Entry is £3, with more information available on 01473 345350.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 10 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park