ActivIpswich launches new programme for over 45s in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A host of new sports sessions have been organised for those aged 45 and over in Ipswich who do not currently take part in any activity.
The ActivIpswich programme helps make sport accessible for adults in a relaxed and sociable environment.
Among the new events are ping pong and short tennis at Gainsborough Sports Centre from 10.30am-noon on Wednesdays, and new age kurling and boccia at The Priory Centre from 1.30-3pm on Fridays.
A multi-sport afternoon will also be run from 1.45-3.15pm at The Meeting Place in Limerick Close each Thursday, which features a mix of new age bowls, new age kurling, boccia and ping pong.
Sophie Barber from ActivIpswich said: “Our participants are so friendly and welcoming to newcomers.
“It can be daunting going somewhere new but we make sure you feel very welcome.”
Sessions are £2.50-£3, with the first session free.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 8 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 9 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 10 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
To get involved call 01473 345350.