ActivIpswich launches new programme for over 45s in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A host of new sports sessions have been organised for those aged 45 and over in Ipswich who do not currently take part in any activity.
The ActivIpswich programme helps make sport accessible for adults in a relaxed and sociable environment.
Among the new events are ping pong and short tennis at Gainsborough Sports Centre from 10.30am-noon on Wednesdays, and new age kurling and boccia at The Priory Centre from 1.30-3pm on Fridays.
A multi-sport afternoon will also be run from 1.45-3.15pm at The Meeting Place in Limerick Close each Thursday, which features a mix of new age bowls, new age kurling, boccia and ping pong.
Sophie Barber from ActivIpswich said: “Our participants are so friendly and welcoming to newcomers.
You may also want to watch:
“It can be daunting going somewhere new but we make sure you feel very welcome.”
Sessions are £2.50-£3, with the first session free.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
To get involved call 01473 345350.