ActivIpswich launches second weekly pentathlon of activity for over 50s new to sport
ActivIpswich will be launching its second ActivPentathlon Challenge this month, as those aged 50 and above are encouraged to enjoy sport and activity in a social environment.
The weekly sessions begin on October 31 and will run until the beginning of December featuring a different taster session each week.
Among those will be badminton, pickleball, squash, pentaque, yoga, athletics and gymnastics, held at various venues over the five weeks.
Mike McCarthy from ActivIpswich said there was “something for everyone” in the programme, with those aged 50 and above encourgaed to come along.
In particular those who are new to sport, have disabilities or health conditions and want to enjoy a relaxed and social environment to keep active are being encouraged to come along.
You may also want to watch:
The pentathlon was launched earlier this year and gained more than 150 attendances.
Mr McCarthy added: “It goes to show that there is a real interest amongst this age group to get involved with social sports opportunities if it is the right activity, in the right place at the right time.”
For full details call 01473 345350 or email ActivIpswich here.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront