Activities at Quay Place in Ipswich for Dementia Awareness Week
- Credit: Archant
A former Ipswich church will host a week of activities to help people living with dementia reconnect with their past.
Reliving the Moment will take place at Quay Place between May 15 and May 20 to mark Dementia Awareness Week.
There will be various activities on offer and props from days gone by on display to stimulate memories and spur conversations.
Organiser David Jay said: “Quay Place offers the perfect setting for this event, as well as being accessible and centrally located it is also a space which is warm and welcoming which will help to provide the right atmosphere for those taking part.”
The week will feature Suffolk Museums with its Open The Doors cabinets; Suffolk Artlink and its Cube films; Dean Parkin showing how words can be used creatively; ActivLives with its Keep on Rocking singing group and Boccia; Heather Edwards from Magic Mirrors and how to create your own memory resource; and Mr Jay from Alpha Films screening movies made with Sue Ryder and Suffolk Age UK groups.
In addition the East of England Coop will bring a vintage shop front and an old till and currency.
General dementia advice, support and information will also be available.
- 1 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 2 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 3 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 4 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 5 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 6 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 7 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 8 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 9 7 reasons why Ipswich is becoming more foodie
- 10 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
The event starts 10am on May 15.