ActivLives Community Games returns to Ipswich to help over-45s keep active
- Credit: Su Anderson
The ActivLives Community games is returning to Ipswich on Tuesday next week following the success of last year’s inaugural event.
Whitton Sports Centre will host the games, which features a host of sports including Boccia, kurling, walking netball, bowls and adapted badminton among others in a mini Olympic-style format.
The event is aimed at those aged 45 and above who do not regularly take part in physical exercise to help them keep active and socialise in a relaxed environment.
Julie Stokes, ActivLives chief executive, said: “Last year’s event was a great success with over 90 participants.
“The Community Games is an event for those people who thought that their sporting days were long gone!”
You may also want to watch:
The sports will be available as both taster sessions and friendly competitions, with medals presented by two local sports stars – former Ipswich Town star Roger Osborne and British Paralympic Boccia player Evie Edwards.
Entry is £3, to find out more call 01473 345350.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast