Actress back after European tour
FELIXSTOWE actress Suzie Lowe is today back in the town after touring the Czech Republic in the musical Fame. The 23-year-old has returned to the UK for a Christmas break following weeks of performances.
FELIXSTOWE actress Suzie Lowe is today back in the town after touring the Czech Republic in the musical Fame.
The 23-year-old has returned to the UK for a Christmas break following weeks of performances.
The actress got the part of Lambchops in the European tour of the musical after telling show bosses she knew how to play the drums. After getting the part she took lessons with the instrument.
She said: “I did tell a little fib but it worked out fine. It's been an amazing experience. It's great to be back for Christmas as well.”
Suzie is now concentrating on choreographing Aladdin which is to be performed at the Spa Pavilion during the Christmas period.
Suzie said the tour had been exciting and dramatic at times.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 3 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 4 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 5 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 6 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 7 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 10 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed
She said: “It's been a very hectic time. I had to understudy Serena. I cam down to breakfast and was told the actress playing her was ill. I had four hours to learn the dialogue.
“Thankfully I knew the songs. I had two scripts either side of the stage and the other actor pulled and pushed me around if they needed to. I was very anxious before I went on stage but the nerves went away. I didn't have much choice really.”
Suzie has also learnt the show in German in time for the second leg of the tour which includes Germany, Austria and Denmark.
She said: “It's ok but we won't know if we make a mistake. I've had to learn it parrot fashion. If I go wrong I'll have to make it up.”
A former student of the Sylvia Young School Theatre School, Suzie met former boyfriend Matt Di Angelo as a teenager.
She said: “We aren't together now but I'm hoping to go down to London to watch him in Strictly Come Dancing.
“When we were at school he didn't like dancing very much but he's done really well in the competition.”
What do you think? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org