Addict faces jail
SELF confessed drug addict Benjamin Weston is facing a possible jail sentence for shoplifting.The 29-year-old appeared from custody at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court where he admitted theft from a supermarket and an attempted theft of £105 clothing from Debenhams.
SELF confessed drug addict Benjamin Weston is facing a possible jail sentence for shoplifting.
The 29-year-old appeared from custody at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court where he admitted theft from a supermarket and an attempted theft of £105 clothing from Debenhams.
Prosecutor Andrew Fitch-Holland told the court Weston was spotted on CCTV stealing from Asda on March 13.
While still on bail on March 28 Debenhams store staff challenged him after they saw Weston in the children's department putting nine pairs of jeans and four tops under his jacket.
Fitch-Holland added Weston was a self-confessed drug addict who stole to fund his habit. He had been squatting in St Helen's Street before his court appearance.
Michael Stephenson, mitigating, said Weston had an unpleasant last few days as he went "cold turkey" to quit his drug habit. He asked magistrates to take into account his early guilty plea.
- 1 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 2 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 5 Line-up announced for Ipswich library's music event
- 6 7 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 7 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 9 Travel: Our night at boutique hotel with rooftop bar and incredible views
- 10 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
Magistrates ordered reports with all options open before sentencing on April 19. Weston was remanded in custody until that date.