Addict faces jail
SELF confessed drug addict Benjamin Weston is facing a possible jail sentence for shoplifting.The 29-year-old appeared from custody at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court where he admitted theft from a supermarket and an attempted theft of £105 clothing from Debenhams.
SELF confessed drug addict Benjamin Weston is facing a possible jail sentence for shoplifting.
The 29-year-old appeared from custody at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court where he admitted theft from a supermarket and an attempted theft of £105 clothing from Debenhams.
Prosecutor Andrew Fitch-Holland told the court Weston was spotted on CCTV stealing from Asda on March 13.
While still on bail on March 28 Debenhams store staff challenged him after they saw Weston in the children's department putting nine pairs of jeans and four tops under his jacket.
You may also want to watch:
Fitch-Holland added Weston was a self-confessed drug addict who stole to fund his habit. He had been squatting in St Helen's Street before his court appearance.
Michael Stephenson, mitigating, said Weston had an unpleasant last few days as he went "cold turkey" to quit his drug habit. He asked magistrates to take into account his early guilty plea.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 9 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
Magistrates ordered reports with all options open before sentencing on April 19. Weston was remanded in custody until that date.