Addict faces jail
SELF confessed drug addict Benjamin Weston is facing a possible jail sentence for shoplifting.The 29-year-old appeared from custody at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court where he admitted theft from a supermarket and an attempted theft of £105 clothing from Debenhams.
SELF confessed drug addict Benjamin Weston is facing a possible jail sentence for shoplifting.
The 29-year-old appeared from custody at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court where he admitted theft from a supermarket and an attempted theft of £105 clothing from Debenhams.
Prosecutor Andrew Fitch-Holland told the court Weston was spotted on CCTV stealing from Asda on March 13.
While still on bail on March 28 Debenhams store staff challenged him after they saw Weston in the children's department putting nine pairs of jeans and four tops under his jacket.
You may also want to watch:
Fitch-Holland added Weston was a self-confessed drug addict who stole to fund his habit. He had been squatting in St Helen's Street before his court appearance.
Michael Stephenson, mitigating, said Weston had an unpleasant last few days as he went "cold turkey" to quit his drug habit. He asked magistrates to take into account his early guilty plea.
- 1 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 2 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 5 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 6 Kesgrave shooting: Teen who tried to kill friend set to be sentenced
- 7 Town centre delays following accident
- 8 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 9 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 10 Rick Wakeman joins Ipswich Hospital Band as Patron
Magistrates ordered reports with all options open before sentencing on April 19. Weston was remanded in custody until that date.