Advanced warning to motorists: police to escort abnormal load from Cambridge to Ipswich on Friday
- Credit: citizenside.com
Suffolk police have warned motorists of expected delays later this week.
Suffolk police have warned motorists of expected delays through Ipswich due to a police escort which is planned for later this week.
Motorists are advised that they may experience delays on Friday, July 14 as police escort the transportation of an abnormal load through the county.
The 5.2m wide, 24.9m long and 5.9m high cruiser weighing 59,000kg will be escorted by Suffolk police at 9am from Quy Bridge in Cambridge, to Ipswich Haven Marina, Key Street, Ipswich.
The route will be as follows: A14 Cambs border - A1303 via Newmarket - B1506. The cruise will then re-join the A14 - A1308 - B1113 Needham Market - Gt Blakenham - Lorraine Way - Bramford Way - Sproughton Village - A1071 - A1214 - A137 - West End Road - Bridge Street – finishing at Haven Marina in Ipswich.
Delays can be expected along these routes and drivers are advised to take extra time for their journey on Friday and use alternative routes if possible.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 3 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 5 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 6 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
- 8 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 9 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 10 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week