Advice after holiday firm collapses
ADMINISTRATORS have been appointed at cruise and coach tours specialist Travelscope Holidays Ltd. The company, based in Gloucester, operates reader travel offers on behalf of a number of local and regional newspapers, including the East Anglian Daily Times.
ADMINISTRATORS have been appointed at cruise and coach tours specialist Travelscope Holidays Ltd.
The company, based in Gloucester, operates reader travel offers on behalf of a number of local and regional newspapers.
Joint administrators Paul Clark, Andrew Stoneman and Phil Duffy, of London-based Menzies Corporate Restructuring, were appointed yesterday morning.
In a statement to customers posted on the Travelscope website, they said: “All trading activities have been suspended and no further holiday bookings are being taken.
“Please note that both the company's and the administrator's phone lines are extremely busy at this time and therefore we would ask you to be patient.”
Nobody at Menzies was available for comment on the arrangements for those who are currently on tour with the company or the position of those who have already booked future dates.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 4 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 5 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 9 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
- 10 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
Travelscope, which also has offices in Edinburgh, is understood to be a covered by the ABTA and ATOL consumer protection schemes.
ABTA said it had received confirmation from the administrators that future travel arrangements booked with Travelscope “will not take place”.
Travelscope, which has been established more than 15 years and accounts for almost half of the EADT's reader travel offers, specialises in escorted holidays including ocean and river cruises, coach tours and short breaks.
It offers departures from a number of UK ports and airports, to destinations across Europe, Africa, Australia, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.