Afghan in court on abduction charge
AN AFGHAN man has appeared in court charged with trying to abduct a three-year-old child from an Ipswich park.Izatollah Assadi, 31, of Ranelagh Road, Ipswich, is charged with tempting the young boy into his car outside Gippeswyck Park on August 8.
AN AFGHAN man has appeared in court charged with trying to abduct a three-year-old child from an Ipswich park.
Izatollah Assadi, 31, of Ranelagh Road, Ipswich, is charged with tempting the young boy into his car outside Gippeswyck Park on August 8.
David Taylor, prosecuting, told South East Suffolk Magistrates Court Assadi had used a flower to tempt the tot into his car before kissing him on the face.
Assadi, a shift worker at a chicken factory, spoke only to confirm his name. Court proceedings were translated for him by an Afghan interpreter.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Saunders, defending, made an application for bail on behalf of his client.
But magistrates rejected the application and remanded Assadi to custody before his next court appearance on September 9.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 3 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 9 3 new eateries for you to try as Covid rules ease
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge