Afghan in court on abduction charge
AN AFGHAN man has appeared in court charged with trying to abduct a three-year-old child from an Ipswich park.Izatollah Assadi, 31, of Ranelagh Road, Ipswich, is charged with tempting the young boy into his car outside Gippeswyck Park on August 8.
AN AFGHAN man has appeared in court charged with trying to abduct a three-year-old child from an Ipswich park.
Izatollah Assadi, 31, of Ranelagh Road, Ipswich, is charged with tempting the young boy into his car outside Gippeswyck Park on August 8.
David Taylor, prosecuting, told South East Suffolk Magistrates Court Assadi had used a flower to tempt the tot into his car before kissing him on the face.
Assadi, a shift worker at a chicken factory, spoke only to confirm his name. Court proceedings were translated for him by an Afghan interpreter.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Saunders, defending, made an application for bail on behalf of his client.
But magistrates rejected the application and remanded Assadi to custody before his next court appearance on September 9.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Hospital site at St Clement's in Ipswich transformed into homes
- 3 New axe-throwing bar with crazy golf and cocktails could be coming to Buttermarket
- 4 How developers hope to bring 'important' town centre building back to use
- 5 See the faces of the criminals who have been jailed in Suffolk this week
- 6 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 7 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 8 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 9 Fisons site owners seeking pre-application advice on fire-hit site
- 10 Church ripe for homes conversion is under offer