After school club at new school
PUPILS at an Ipswich School will be able to develop computer skills and participate in art activities at a new after school club.Ravenswood Community Primary School has gained £30,000 lottery money from the new Opportunities Fund to finance a "quality childcare facility" for pupils aged between five and 11.
PUPILS at an Ipswich School will be able to develop computer skills and participate in art activities at a new after school club.
Ravenswood Community Primary School has gained £30,000 lottery money from the new Opportunities Fund to finance a "quality childcare facility" for pupils aged between five and 11.
Headteacher Marilyn Such said: "We have been working for quite a long time to get the school started.
"It is a tremendous boost for us and is part of our on going work with the community to provide facilities out of school hours."
You may also want to watch:
It will accommodate up to 16 children and the grant will keep it going for between three to five years.
There will be four members of staff employed at the club, but only two of these will be working at any one time.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 6 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 Anger as vandals destroy nursery garden
- 10 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
Mrs Such added: "Our after school club is to be run by highly skilled and dedicated staff.
"Children will have opportunities to participate in art and design activities, develop their computer skills, do their homework, listen to stories and will be served a snack."
"Each week is based on a theme and the children will be doing various activities.
"This week's theme is myself.
"The children will be making collage pictures and gingerbread people to look like themselves, talking about their homes and drawing pictures of their houses."
The club is initially for families who attend the school but there may be places for other pupils who live locally.
It will run every weekday between 3pm and 5.30pm costing £4.50 per session and places are payable in advance.
n For more information contact Ravenswood Community Primary School on 01473 728565.