Air ambulance called to crash in Ipswich’s Clapgate Lane at Landseer Road junction
- Credit: Archant
A woman motorcyclist aged in her 50s was rushed to hospital after she was involved in a crash in Suffolk today.
Emergency services, including an air ambulance, were called to Clapgate Lane in Ipswich, at the junction with Landseer Road, at around 3.35pm to reports of a collision between a motorbike and a car.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said one woman, the rider of the motorbike, suffered an injury to her back.
The patient, who was described by police as being conscious and breathing, was treated at the scene and then transported to Ipswich Hospital in a land ambulance for further care.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust said the woman’s condition was not life-threatening.
Two ambulance crews, two ambulance cars and the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance attended.
The road is blocked and the police spokesman said traffic was building up in the area.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 5 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Felixstowe Christmas light switch on outshines dreary weather