Man in 70s airlifted to hospital in life-threatening condition after suffering cardiac arrest at B&B above Shipwreck pub
- Credit: graham meadows
An older man was airlifted to hospital in a life-threatening condition this evening after suffering cardiac arrest in a bed and breakfast above a Suffolk restaurant.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) was called at around 4.45pm today to reports of a man who had collapsed at Shotley Marina.
An EEAST spokesman said: “A community first responder, ambulance crew, ambulance officer, Suffolk Accident Rescue Service and East Anglian Air Ambulance were dispatched to a man, believed to be in his 70s, who was in cardiac arrest.
“Following treatment at the scene, he was resuscitated and was airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in a life-threatening condition.”
Suffolk police were called to assist just after 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
The casualty is understood to have been a guest staying in bed and breakfast accommodation above the Shipwreck pub.
A spokesman for the pub said it would remain open this evening.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned