Air ambulance called to Trimley St Martin after man knocked unconscious in crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital after a single-vehicle crash in Trimley St Martin.
The collision happened around 12noon in Kirton Road, near the A14, and involved a blue Vauxhall van which left the road.
A police spokesman said the driver, a man, was unconscious when emergency services arrived.
Despite initial fears, his injuries were not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing. A spokesman said he suffered a possible fracture.
The road was closed and an air ambulance was called to the scene though the patient was taken to hospital by land ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Three fire appliances were sent and helped rescue the man from the van.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue crews from Ipswich East, Felixstowe and Princes Street stations attended the scene.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 10 See the University of Suffolk's class of 2021 graduations