Air cadets reach for the sky
AIR cadets from Leiston reached for the heights of sporting success to bring home a gold and two silver medals at a major sporting event.Cadets from 1379 (Leiston) Air Training Corps took part in the event – and soared to victory.
AIR cadets from Leiston reached for the heights of sporting success to bring home a gold and two silver medals at a major sporting event.
Cadets from 1379 (Leiston) Air Training Corps took part in the event – and soared to victory.
Cadets William Chatten, Sarah Lloyd, Lucy Cattermole, Ann-Marie Cattermole, Tim Miller, Mark Lye and Stuart Smith competed in the Norfolk and Suffolk Wing Athletics Competition in Bury St. Edmonds on Sunday 11th May.
Squadrons from all over Norfolk and Suffolk attended the one day event to select the best candidates to compete against the best athletes in the corps from all over the country.
You may also want to watch:
Cadet Sarah Lloyd won gold in her age group for the long jump and 2 silver medals in other events. Sarah has been selected for the Wing team, competing at RAF Cranwell on 1st June.
The Leiston team also won the "Best Small Squadron" trophy for sporting achievements.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
Squadron Commander Flight Lieutenant Mark Panton RAFVR(T) said: "I am very proud of all the cadets that took part in the event. We will all be
supporting Sarah Lloyd when she competes against the best regional athletes in June" he added. "Leiston Squadron is dedicated to being the best at everything that we do and welcome anyone between 13 and 20 or adult staff from 20 to 55 who wish to get involved".