Air cadets reach for the sky
AIR cadets from Leiston reached for the heights of sporting success to bring home a gold and two silver medals at a major sporting event.Cadets from 1379 (Leiston) Air Training Corps took part in the event – and soared to victory.
AIR cadets from Leiston reached for the heights of sporting success to bring home a gold and two silver medals at a major sporting event.
Cadets from 1379 (Leiston) Air Training Corps took part in the event – and soared to victory.
Cadets William Chatten, Sarah Lloyd, Lucy Cattermole, Ann-Marie Cattermole, Tim Miller, Mark Lye and Stuart Smith competed in the Norfolk and Suffolk Wing Athletics Competition in Bury St. Edmonds on Sunday 11th May.
Squadrons from all over Norfolk and Suffolk attended the one day event to select the best candidates to compete against the best athletes in the corps from all over the country.
Cadet Sarah Lloyd won gold in her age group for the long jump and 2 silver medals in other events. Sarah has been selected for the Wing team, competing at RAF Cranwell on 1st June.
The Leiston team also won the "Best Small Squadron" trophy for sporting achievements.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 5 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 6 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 7 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 8 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 9 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 10 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
Squadron Commander Flight Lieutenant Mark Panton RAFVR(T) said: "I am very proud of all the cadets that took part in the event. We will all be
supporting Sarah Lloyd when she competes against the best regional athletes in June" he added. "Leiston Squadron is dedicated to being the best at everything that we do and welcome anyone between 13 and 20 or adult staff from 20 to 55 who wish to get involved".