Airport reopens after crash drama
FLIGHTS have today resumed at London City airport after a plane crash-landed.Some passengers are facing delays of more than three hours following last night's drama which saw the airport closed and 11 flights diverted to neighbouring airports including Stansted.
FLIGHTS have today resumed at London City airport after a plane crash-landed.
Some passengers are facing delays of more than three hours following last night's drama which saw the airport closed and 11 flights diverted to neighbouring airports including Stansted.
Today planes have been landing and taking off but delays have been caused as some aircraft were in different airports due to the diversions.
The crash happened at about 7.40pm yesterday when flight BA8456 from Amsterdam, with 67 passengers and four crew members on board, crash-landed on the runway, with the front wheel coming off as the plane hit the ground.
You may also want to watch:
Passengers and crew were evacuated from the plane by emergency slides, and four people were treated for minor injuries.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 6 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 9 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL