Al Fayed makes murder claim
MOHAMED al Fayed declared today that Diana, Princess of Wales and his son Dodi Fayed were "murdered", as he gave evidence at their inquest.It was among the first words he told the jury at the central London hearing.
MOHAMED al Fayed declared today that Diana, Princess of Wales and his son Dodi Fayed were "murdered", as he gave evidence at their inquest.
It was among the first words he told the jury at the central London hearing.
He began by stating he would "make no allegations” and said he was simply declaring his beliefs about how the couple died.
But then he immediately told the court: "Princess Diana also told me personally before and during the holiday we shared in July 1997 of her fears.
"She told me that she knew Prince Philip and Prince Charles were trying to get rid of her.”
Mr al Fayed insists the Paris car crash that killed Dodi, Diana and their driver, Henri Paul, on August 31, 1997 was the work of MI6 at the behest of the Duke of Edinburgh.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 3 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 4 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 5 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 6 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 8 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 9 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 10 Designer handbag stolen after car window smashed in Ipswich
He claims that Diana was killed because she was pregnant with Dodi's child and about to become engaged to his son.
The Harrods boss also believes the Establishment could not accept an Egyptian Muslim as a stepfather to the future King of England.