Alarm raised after yacht runs aground
RESCUERS were called in amid fears that a grounded yacht was in serious danger after it ran aground.Emergency services were called after a member of the public saw the Dutch yacht Zeezeiler stranded and listing in the entrance to the river Ore at about 3pm yesterday.
RESCUERS were called in amid fears that a grounded yacht was in serious danger after it ran aground.
Emergency services were called after a member of the public saw the Dutch yacht Zeezeiler stranded and listing in the entrance to the river Ore at about 3pm yesterday.
The yacht had seven people on board and had got in trouble at about 1pm.
A spokesman for Thames Coastguard said Aldeburgh lifeboat helped the Harwich and Shingle Street coastguard crews lay out an anchor for the yacht. It was then able to wait for the tide to refloat it - but only after more than seven hours after it got stuck.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “In rough weather it could have been a very serious incident. Fortunately due to the weather conditions they were able to wait for the tide to float them off.”
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned