Alex took it on the chin - until now
SOME people talk about the seven-year itch, but it took Alex Shulver that long shave off his beard.Alex, of Western Close, took the dramatic step after landing the part of Frank Butler in Annie Get Your Gun.
SOME people talk about the seven-year itch, but it took Alex Shulver that long shave off his beard.
Alex, of Western Close, took the dramatic step after landing the part of Frank Butler in Annie Get Your Gun.
He said: 'At one point one of the other characters refers to me cutting myself shaving, so I thought it was about time.'
But Alex admitted he had an ulterior motive for the trim. A friend used technology to remove the beard on a digital picture and Alex thought it took years off.
So he plucked up courage, despite his wife's fears, and raised more than £100 for Stroke Research in the process.
Hairdresser Michelle Spooner, of Giovanni's in Tackett Street, was doing the trimming for free as part of the charity effort.
- 1 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 4 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 5 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 6 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 7 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 8 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 9 Couple get engaged after abseiling down Ipswich Hospital block
- 10 Mobile phone and laptop stolen in spate of thefts from cars near Ipswich
She said: 'It looks really good. I think it takes years off him.'
Alex will be taking to the stage from Wednesday June 12 to Saturday June 15, at the Spa Pavilion, Felixtowe.