Ipswich chef launches new Indian takeaway
- Credit: Idris Ali
An experienced Ipswich chef has launched a new Indian takeaway – after being inspired to pursue the venture during the coronavirus lockdown.
Idris Ali has cooked in Indian restaurants for 28 years, which included a spell running his own restaurant and winning a number of awards.
While on furlough during the Covid-19 lockdowns, the 45-year-old recalled how he was “missing his cooking”.
Being able to open a restaurant, during the current economic climate, did not seem feasible.
So instead, Mr Ali decided to offer a home cooking service where he cooks a range of healthy recipes to deliver to people’s doors.
You may also want to watch:
The service currently runs from noon to 3pm on weekdays, although Mr Ali will consider expanding this if the venture is successful.
“If I get more customer demand, I might do it in the evenings and weekends,” he said.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
“People love cooking Indian meals, so I thought I might as well give it a try.”
For more information, visit the Ali's Kitchen website.