Tune in for all-female line-up on ICR for International Women’s Day
- Credit: FJ Wilson
Ipswich Community Radio will be run entirely by women on International Women’s Day.
All programmes on the volunteer-run station on Friday 8 March will have women presenters and guests, including Mayor Jane Riley and University of Suffolk Vice Chancellor Professor Helen Langton.
Fiona Jessica Wilson, host of Get Classical with FJ which ran on ICR from January 2017 to November 2018, will also return for a one-off show.
Fiona was twice shortlisted for Female Presenter of the Year in the National Community Radio Awards.
“This is a fantastic way to celebrate the contributions of women to ICR and to audio media and entertainment,” said Izzy Lane, director of Women’s Day programming at the station.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re still looking for more presenters and guests from the community, including girls’ and women’s groups.”
For more information about the International Women’s Day programming, or to volunteer your group for a guest slot, contact the station at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 4 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches.... LIVE UPDATES
- 10 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash