Tune in for all-female line-up on ICR for International Women’s Day
- Credit: FJ Wilson
Ipswich Community Radio will be run entirely by women on International Women’s Day.
All programmes on the volunteer-run station on Friday 8 March will have women presenters and guests, including Mayor Jane Riley and University of Suffolk Vice Chancellor Professor Helen Langton.
Fiona Jessica Wilson, host of Get Classical with FJ which ran on ICR from January 2017 to November 2018, will also return for a one-off show.
Fiona was twice shortlisted for Female Presenter of the Year in the National Community Radio Awards.
“This is a fantastic way to celebrate the contributions of women to ICR and to audio media and entertainment,” said Izzy Lane, director of Women’s Day programming at the station.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re still looking for more presenters and guests from the community, including girls’ and women’s groups.”
For more information about the International Women’s Day programming, or to volunteer your group for a guest slot, contact the station at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 3 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 4 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 10 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge