All new adventure for youngsters
JOYFUL youngsters at Murrayfield Primary School are today making use of a brand new £6,000 adventure playground they helped design.The pupils at the school, who range in age from five to 11, were asked to come with ideas for what they wanted from their playground and the end result was unveiled yesterday .
JOYFUL youngsters at Murrayfield Primary School are today making use of a brand new £6,000 adventure playground they helped design.
The pupils at the school, who range in age from five to 11, were asked to come with ideas for what they wanted from their playground and the end result was unveiled yesterday .
The playground, which includes new seating and plants, is the result of extensive fundraising by the school with the assistance of parents and pupils.
Di Gooding, headteacher of the school, in Nacton Road, Ipswich, said the youngsters were delighted with the new facility and had been queuing up to use it.
"We're very pleased with it," she said. "It's looking very impressive and the children love it."
The majority of the playground was put into place in December, however the completion was delayed while the school waited for an all-weather surface to be put down.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle