All the latest updates on flooding, evacuations and the storm surge in Suffolk and Essex as warnings remain in place at Southwold, Jaywick and Felixstowe Ferry
- Credit: James Bass
Stay up-to-date with all the latest storm surge news today and tomorrow with our live feed.
People along the Suffolk and Essex coast, and their inland waterways, have been warned to expect serious flooding in places tonight and tomorrow.
Added to that many parts of the counties have experienced snowfall in the last 48 hours.
Some places, such as Jaywick in Essex, have been evacuated because of the worry a storm surge striking the east coast later today could cause a threat to life.
There are also around 1,100 properties in Suffolk where evacuation has been advised for the same reason – rest centres have been set up in Felixstowe, Lowestoft and Leiston.
You may also want to watch:
You can follow our live feed here for all the latest breaking news on both the predicted flooding and any further snowfall which might cause disruption.
We’re also keen to know what the weather is like near you. Have you had a covering of snow in your garden, or are you preparing your home to stave off flood waters. Send your pictures to our image curators here or email our news team here.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 4 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 6 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 7 Man who spat at neighbour in racist attack given community order
- 8 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 9 Drink-driver reversed into car while banned from the road
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth