Man in his 60s found dead at Alton Water
- Credit: Archant
A body pulled from Alton Water earlier this morning is set to be formally identified this afternoon, police have said.
The body, believed to be that of a man in his 60s, was pulled from the reservoir early this morning.
Police were called to the water’s edge, close to the Alton Water Sports Centre in Holbrook Road, Stutton at 7.20am.
The fire service and ambulance service were also called to the location but the man was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
A formal identification of the body is taking place this afternoon and a file will be prepared for the coroner in due course.
Officers declined to offer any more information about the incident, other than confirming it was not linked to any open missing persons cases.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 4 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
A fire service spokesman said: “Suffolk Fire and Rescue were called to assist Suffolk police, but were then stood down and no action was required.”