American serviceman killed in road crash
A US serviceman was killed and another was seriously injured when a car collided with a coach on a Suffolk road.The accident, which happened just after 5 pm yesterday, blocked the B1106 at Fornham St Martin, near Bury St Edmunds, for several hours.
A US serviceman was killed and another was seriously injured when a car collided with a coach on a Suffolk road.
The accident, which happened just after 5 pm yesterday, blocked the B1106 at Fornham St Martin, near Bury St Edmunds, for several hours.
Suffolk Accident Rescue Service doctor Andy Mason pronounced the passenger of the Citroen BX car dead at the scene.
The serviceman is believed to have been in his 20s.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car, who is also thought to be in his 20s, suffered serious chest injuries although they are not thought to be life threatening.
He was taken to West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 3 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 4 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 6 Drink-driver reversed into car while banned from the road
- 7 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 8 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 9 Man who spat at neighbour in racist attack given community order
- 10 'Teaching means the world' - school in Ipswich unveils new deputy head
The coach driver, who is thought to be in his 50s, was uninjured. No one else was on board the bus.
Firefighters attended the scene to free the deceased man, who was "severely trapped".
Diversions were set up around the surrounding area while police worked to clear the scene.