American serviceman killed in road crash
A US serviceman was killed and another was seriously injured when a car collided with a coach on a Suffolk road.The accident, which happened just after 5 pm yesterday, blocked the B1106 at Fornham St Martin, near Bury St Edmunds, for several hours.
A US serviceman was killed and another was seriously injured when a car collided with a coach on a Suffolk road.
The accident, which happened just after 5 pm yesterday, blocked the B1106 at Fornham St Martin, near Bury St Edmunds, for several hours.
Suffolk Accident Rescue Service doctor Andy Mason pronounced the passenger of the Citroen BX car dead at the scene.
The serviceman is believed to have been in his 20s.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car, who is also thought to be in his 20s, suffered serious chest injuries although they are not thought to be life threatening.
He was taken to West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds.
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Man, 20, to face trial over £1,500 drug haul
The coach driver, who is thought to be in his 50s, was uninjured. No one else was on board the bus.
Firefighters attended the scene to free the deceased man, who was "severely trapped".
Diversions were set up around the surrounding area while police worked to clear the scene.