Ammonia leak sparks evacuation

A COLLEGE was evacuated after an ammonia leak was discovered.

At 6.38am today, fire crews from Cambridge, St Neots and a hazardous material’s unit from St Neots were called to Robinson College, Grange Road, Cambridge.

The site had been evacuated due to a strong smell of ammonia.

Firefighters entered the college wearing gas-tight suits and discovered that the gas was coming from a refrigeration unit.

The unit was taken to an open air area and was decontaminated.

Crews left the scene at 9.10am

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter