An alternative take
HIGH school student Sasha Truswell rose to the challenge when she came on work experience to The Evening Star.The 14-year-old from Claydon was given the task of popping down to Ipswich Waterfront to record its changing façade - and picture editor Andy Abbott was bowled over by the results.
By Tracey Sparling
HIGH school student Sasha Truswell rose to the challenge when she came on work experience to The Evening Star.
The 14-year-old from Claydon was given the task of popping down to Ipswich Waterfront to record its changing façade - and picture editor Andy Abbott was bowled over by the results.
Her pictures focus on details like a rusting anchor, reflections in windows and knotted ropes securing boats in the marina. She also got down low to picture some unusual angles.
You may also want to watch:
Andy said: “Sasha has an eye for detail, which gives a fresh take on the developing story of the Waterfront.
“She had a very quick lesson in how to use a Nikon D2hs which is quite a complicated piece of kit, and I showed her how to use the shutter speed and aperture. Then she was given a free rein to go and take pictures of what she saw.”
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 7 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
- 10 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
Sasha is with the newspaper for two weeks, on a work experience placement from Stowmarket High School. She said: “Art is one of my favourite subjects, but I haven't done photography really. I have only used a little digital camera before - nothing like the ones the Evening Star uses.
“I would like to do more photography in future.”