Anastacia swaps Strictly Come Dancing for Ipswich Regent
- Credit: PA
Days after her Strictly Come Dancing exit, Anastacia has revealed plans to visit the Ipswich Regent next year.
The multi-million record selling singer, known for hits like I’m Outta Love and Left Outside Alone, brings her Ultimate Collection tour to town on June 7.
She was the sixth celebrity to leave the hit BBC1 show on Sunday after her Halloween-themed jive to Meatloaf’s Bat Out of Hell failed to win over viewers. She and partner Brendan Cole, who brings his new show All Night Long to the theatre on February 10, faced model Daisy Lowe and Aljaz Skorjanec in the dance-off.
All four judges saved Lowe, with a tearful Anastacia thanking Strictly for helping her “find her female”, referencing her two battles with breast cancer and highly-publicised double mastectomy.
Determined to give back as much as she can to help fund research into the disease, while on the show she announced a partnership with Cancer Research UK and made a personal donation to the charity.
You may also want to watch:
One of the most recognisable voices of our time, the greatest hits album reached the UK Top 10 – the sixth in her career.
She is excited about the new tour.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
“I am really looking forward to getting back on the road again. I love performing and can’t wait to see all my fans’ beautiful faces.”
Tickets go on sale 9am, November 4, via the Ipswich Regent.
Cole is not the only Strictly Come Dancing professional visiting Ipswich.
He will be followed by Ian Waite and Natalie Lowe, who bring their Somewhere In Time tour to town on May 27. Strictly sweethearts Kevin and Karen Clifton take to the stage of the Ipswich Regent on June 2 next year.