Angel granted reprieve
A CONTROVERSIAL Suffolk pub is to reopen today following a High Court ruling.The Angel in Theatre Street, Woodbridge had been forced to close on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from June 16 because of drink related disturbances.
A CONTROVERSIAL Suffolk pub is to reopen today following a High Court ruling.
The Angel in Theatre Street, Woodbridge had been forced to close on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from June 16 because of drink related disturbances.
But a High Court judge today overruled the decision because concerns had been raised over the legality of the order.
Mr Justice Moses granted a judicial review and agreed the premises should be allowed to reopen for the time being.
You may also want to watch:
Licensing Justices in Ipswich will reconsider their decision at their next committee meeting.
For the full story see tomorrow's Evening Star.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 3 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 6 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years