Angel granted reprieve
A CONTROVERSIAL Suffolk pub is to reopen today following a High Court ruling.The Angel in Theatre Street, Woodbridge had been forced to close on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from June 16 because of drink related disturbances.
A CONTROVERSIAL Suffolk pub is to reopen today following a High Court ruling.
The Angel in Theatre Street, Woodbridge had been forced to close on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from June 16 because of drink related disturbances.
But a High Court judge today overruled the decision because concerns had been raised over the legality of the order.
Mr Justice Moses granted a judicial review and agreed the premises should be allowed to reopen for the time being.
Licensing Justices in Ipswich will reconsider their decision at their next committee meeting.
For the full story see tomorrow's Evening Star.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 6 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 7 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 8 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 9 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard